A Complete List of Google's Featured Snippets Types
Learn about every type of featured snippet, what they look like in Google's search results, and a few best practices for winning them.
Write Google Snippets that send your site more traffic
Are Google’s featured snippets good for bloggers, or bad? It really depends how you look at it. While featured snippets are definitely leading to more and more “no-click” searches, they’ve also given bloggers a huge opportunity to increase their visibility. In this video, you’ll learn how we’re making the best of featured snippets, and using them to send even more traffic to our sites.
Jim’s video from this week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvsjchgmk5k
Our video about the studies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmZygINhJHw
Sistrix study: https://www.sistrix.com/blog/why-almost-everything-you-knew-about-google-ctr-is-no-longer-valid/
Moz study: https://moz.com/blog/featured-snippets-experiment
Check out Project 24: https://incomeschool.com/project24/?ref=45
Project 24 is our membership program that teaches you how to work toward replacing your current income with income from websites and YouTube channels in 24 months.
Also check out our stupid fast and crazy functional WordPress theme, Acabado. https://incomeschool.com/acabado
Have you seen us on Instagram yet? Add us to see what we’re doing behind the scenes: https://www.instagram.com/income.school/
Project 24 is a product of Income School LLC. Results mentioned are not typical. The trademark “Project 24” refers to the goal of some people to create a successful business in 24 months, but is not a promise or guarantee of that success. Many online businesses fail because, like any business, it requires hard work, skill, and dedication. Before making business decisions, consult financial and legal professionals licensed in your jurisdiction.
Google Featured Snippets, the Discover Feed and More Must-Know SEO Insights
The past year has seen massive changes to Featured Snippets on Google. AMP and Chrome are influencing the content on our pages when in the featured position, and deduplication has put a real spanner in the works. And have you heard about what’s happening with Google’s Discover Feed currently? You’ll want to make sure you’re in the loop for the year ahead – your client traffic sources could be significantly altered from the recent uptake. Tune in to this webinar with Brodie Clark to learn more. Co-hosted by Nik Ranger and Peter Mead.
Slides and transcript → https://www.semrush.com/webinars/google-featured-snippets-the-discover-feed-and-more-must-know-seo-insights/
SEMrush SEO Toolkit → https://www.semrush.com/seo
Related webinars → https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLV7hU9BBDbaSzhd9tvQ1h5lD1f5y3ZRk3
More webinars → https://www.semrush.com/webinars
Read more → https://www.semrush.com/blog/seo-checklist/
What are Google Featured Snippets? (4 common types explained)
Google featured snippets is the term for a small area of code in between paid ads and organic search results, that Google use to highlight relevant ‘quick answers’ to a search query. To source this material Google relies on their huge index of crawled websites and share what they deem to be the most relevant answer (usually from positions 1-10 organic page 1 ranks), in a format that is easy to understand, quick to digest and keeps the user in the Google system and not bouncing off to another site.
Here’s the blog post that tells you so much more about ✅ what they are, ✅ how you can rank for them and ✅ gives you 5⃣ content ideas! – https://www.myindielifeblog.net/blog/google-featured-snippets
The 4 common types of Google Featured Snippet
• The numbered list – numbered list Google snippets are quick answers to search queries that effectively ask ‘how’ to do something. The list is numbered in steps that form the process of how to complete the task asked about. A search query example of this could be ‘how to wire a plug’.
• The Bullet list – a bullet list Google snippet is a quick answer to a search query that effectively asks ‘what are’ questions. The list is unordered in its response but shares the examples of items you need to consider. A search query example of this could be ‘best tools for social media management’.
• The definition or paragraph – a definition, or a paragraph Google snippet is a quick answer to a search query that effectively asks a ‘what is’ question. The response could be a meaning to something, a brief synopsis of a book, or a movie, or a concise history.
• The chart or table – a chart or table Google snippet is a quick answer to a search query that effectively asks for a data-centric answer. An example of a search query requiring this type of snippet response is ‘what is 3 inches in centimetres?’, or ‘(what is the) number of unemployed (in the) UK’.
⭐️ Hi, I’m Sara and I help #smallbusiness make more of an impact with their #marketing ⭐️ You can find me at https://www.myindielifeblog.net
How to Get Featured Snippets on Google (and Rank in Position #0)
Want to learn how to get featured snippets and rank in position #0? Then check out this actionable SEO tutorial.
In this video, I’ll show you step-by-step how to find featured snippet opportunities, and then optimize your content to steal the snippet away from your competitors.
We’ll look at several working examples to illustrate how you can take this process and immediately implement it in your business. You’ll also get access to a free featured snippet TEMPLATE.
➡️ This is just one of 100+ training videos from my premium training program, The SEO Playbook (linked in the Resources below).
Here’s an overview of what you’ll learn in this video:
1) What a featured snippet is.
2) The different featured snippet types (with examples).
3) How to find quick-win featured snippet opportunities across keyword sets of any size.
4) How to align featured snippet analysis with your business model and site monetization strategy. This is CRITICAL to making sure you are prioritizing the opportunities that could have the greatest impact on your bottom line.
5) How to optimize your content to steal the featured snippet away from your competitors. We’ll walk through a series of WORKING EXAMPLES.
6) How to track the performance of your featured snippet campaigns. i.e. how it has impacted rankings and organic traffic. You’ll also get access to a handy FEATURED SNIPPET TRACKING TEMPLATE.
Free 30-Day SEMrush Trial: https://semrush.sjv.io/c/349777/1529171/13053
Featured snippet tracking template: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Th8gV9x004_L-GQTEJUiJlW19igZKNoHBQ8qFkKtCEs/edit?usp=sharing
✍️ Full blog post here: https://www.robbierichards.com/seo/how-to-get-a-featured-snippet/
The SEO Playbook training program: https://www.robbierichards.com/seo-course/
Subscribe for more free SEO tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3A1tHgfSAKQV70V21wu2OQ?sub_confirmation=1